Monday, October 25, 2010

Thoughts?

On Friday (we will talk more about Friday soon) I bought this amazing dough bowl,

yes, it is really almost as big as me.



The whole time I was lugging it around with me


I had visions of it on my dinning room table filled with


mums for Thanksgiving.

But having it sitting here

I am not sure if I am loving it.

It seems a little too obvious.


So I was looking around

and came up with moving it over the china cabinet


I like the rustic contrast it adds to the fancy cabinet

but not sure.

What do you think?

HELP!!




Sit Relax and Read

6 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

I agree that the contrast is wonderful. But I don't like it over the cabinet because it makes everything on that side of the room the same height. The hutch with the wooden bowl is the same height as the windows. It should vary so that the eye has a place to land. Just my thought.

But the bowl is fabulous! You'll find the perfect spot. Lisa~

Unknown said...

what an awesome bowl! I love it up there!

-Casey said...

I agree that it presents a height issue. I think it would be gorgeous overfilled with mums and maybe it's just the corn and pinecones that aren't doing it justice as a centerpiece.

Rachelle said...

I think it looks good up there, but I agree with Casey that overflowing with mums would be gorgeous! Hmm.. I don't know but it is a great find! Super jealous!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...beautiful bowl indeed. Maybe full of mums by your fireplace?

Kalleen at Second Street said...

What a fabulous find. I liked it on your table, but it definitely needs to be filled. I can't wait to see what you decide on.