Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sentimental Sunday #1


This is my recipe wall. It all started one day when I realised I had a recipe from each of my grandmother's and my husband's grandmother. I knew I wanted to do something important with them so I looked for a place to display them. That is when my sweet friend gave me a bunch of empty frames. I was so excited to have everything I needed to make my wall happen and I have to say it still brings me great joy each time I walk by it. These are recipes that have been used for generations and will be used by me to feed future generations. I love it when my decorating can be more than pretty, it can be meaningful.


Use What You Love
I would love to hear how you decorate with what you love. Just grab the Sentimental Sunday button off my sidebar and link up your stories.

Sit Relax and Read






10 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Hi Cha Cha! Thank you for hosting this ~WONDERFUL~ party!! What a fabulous idea! Have a wonderful idea! Angie xo

The Mustard Seed said...

what a WONDERFUL idea for a linky party!! I have my grandmother's old recipe tin. It is very special to me. I never though of having one framed. That would be a great day to decorate with something so important to me. I may have to steal your idea.

Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Angel

PS. I'm going to have to follow you now ;-)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a fun idea for a party. Your recipes are great ... I have an old recipe of my Grandma's that I plan to enlarge and hang in my kitchen but now I'm thinking a wall like yours would be really fun too.

nest of posies said...

thanks for hosting this, dear friend! i love you even more for this!

can't wait until Friday!

xo

Jane said...

I love this idea!!! What a special tribute to those who handed down the recipes....and it just looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Amanda @ No Place Like Home said...

This is such a fantastic idea!

I hope you will continue doing this every Sunday. I have lots of things to contribute.

LaVonne said...

Thanks for hosting this. I love a new Sunday meme.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fantastic idea! It's nice to read about what others are sentimental about...and it's nice to share what means the most to us.
I'm your newest follower!
Cheers!
Theresa

Michele said...

Thank you so much for hosting this link up party. I made it to your blog via This Blessed Nest and Maine Mummy. This is a wonderful way to share special family treasures. I just became a follower of your blog :)

**** April **** said...

Oh that's a great idea!