Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles

Today I want to share one of my family's favorite

 lazy Saturday breakfasts.

Pumpkin Waffles


I don't know if I have ever let you lovelies in on one of my little secrets,  I am (or once was) a crazy grind your own wheat and hand make all your bread yourself kind of girl.  Life has taken over the last little bit and I haven't been doing it .....
but I am ready to get back on the wagon, so to speak.
This is a recipe I have made with fresh ground flour, we like millet best-it makes a nice light and crispy waffle, and with all purpose flour.  We love it each way.
I hope you will try this recipe and love it also.

Ingredients:

2 cups Milled flour, or if you are not crazy like me and mill your own flour you can use all purpose flour

1/2 cup Sucanat or Brown Sugar

2-4 teaspoons cinnamon (we use four, but we love it)

1 tablespoon baking powder
 
1/2 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1cup of milk

2 cups pureed pumpkin (you can do less but we love it and have lots in the freezer)


1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
2.Whisk together all the wet ingredients
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the ingredients
4. Mix until combined
 5. Cook on a waffle iron.

We always double or triple the recipe and freeze the leftovers, then we can have frozen waffles on busy mornings. 





My favorite way to eat them is with all natural peanut butter and just a tiny bit of maple syrup, man I have made myself hungry............ok I am out of here to go find something to eat.


Sit Relax and Read

9 comments:

Tiffini said...

you are the first person I've met that eats PB on their waffles:)! My husband and children do. He started them on it when they were little. They look yummy. Happy grace filled Wednesday to you:)
xo

nest of posies said...

your comments are back on!!! YAY!

i love peanut butter on waffles & pancakes. this sounds so yummy. my mouth is watering.

miss you, friend!
xoxo

Flamingo said...

yeah! i still need to use up a ton of pumpkin i froze from the fall!!

Michele said...

Yum! I will have to give this a try in the summer when I have more time.

Opie Dawn said...

Yummy! We will have to give this recipe a try.

Sunni said...

Mmmmmkay, these look sinful--but absolutely delish!! I love breakfast food--especially panckakes, waffles, french toast. . . I must try this recipe. Thanks for sharing! : )

http://sunnissideoflife.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

Yum, these look delicious! Came over from MM Monday's...you're making me hungry. Never heard of peanut butter on top of waffles before, but I'm sure it's so good with pumpkin too...thanks for sharing!

Sarah Pinault said...

Oh you lifesaver. All the recipes I find call for such a small amount of Cinnamon and only half a cup of Pumpkin! This is perfect!

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Sounds yummy -- though I like my pumpkin waffles "straight up" with some maple syrup -- no PB. And, I confess that sometimes I make them with mini chocolate chips, and freeze them for snacks as is! <3