Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sentimental Sunday #19 Toy Trunk

Hi Lovelies,

hope you have a fun week.

We have been on Spring Break this week and have been crazy busy.

I will share more about that later.

For now, I am ready to get sentimental with you and share something from my past.


This trunk on my front porch started life as my childhood toy box.

I remember digging around inside it, pushing stuff around and throwing stuff out to find just the right toy. 

At that time in my life it contained all my earthly treasures.

Later in life, it sat at the end of my bed and was a great storage solution.

After Hubby and I got married we used it in our guest bedroom, then two kids and a couple of

houses later we no longer had a perfect spot for it.



That is when I came up with the idea of using it on the front porch.

We store gardening supplies inside it, where the will be handy but out of sight.

Before it made the move to the front porch it got an upgrade.



We added legs.....

Can you guess what they are?

If you guessed........

mailbox post tops, you would be right!

We flipped the "legs" upside down drilled a hole into the top of the them and into the bottom of the trunk

then put the screw that came in them back into the "legs" and into the trunk and there you have it

New and improved

 TOY BOX.



So what are you sentimental about this week?

Just grab the button off my sidebar and linkup.

Sit Relax and Read




Sit Relax and Read



8 comments:

This Is Stupid said...

I have absolutely nothing like that to share! ha! Wish I did. BUT, you'll be proud of me...I recovered my kitchen dining chairs this weekend. Fabric, staple gun, screws and all! It was...fun. But I probably won't do things like that often! =) Have a good week!

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

I love the toy box on the porch.. what wonderful memories.. You did an awsome job w/ the redo.

Patricia said...

That toy box is adorable ~ what a wondeful use for it!

The Pennington Point said...

You've given it new life! How sweet. Thanks for sharing. Lisa~

Laryssa Herbert said...

What a great idea! I really like using things that I had as a child. My kids think it's pretty neat too. :-_

Tiffini said...

now that is creative thinking! and useful too. Now is the time to begin using it again..with all the flowers and gardens just beginning.
I can't even remember what my toybox looked like...I'm sure I had one. Anyway - happy Monday:)
xo

Kat said...

Cha Cha, I love what you did to repurpose your toy box!! It looks darling on your porch!

angie said...

love those sentimental things with character....great idea with the toy box. some of my favories in my house came from my grandma's when she moved to a nursing home....old books, mason jars, crocks.....love them.

thanks SO much for coming to my blog and leaving a comment on my burlap & sharpie pillow! i really appreciate it!