Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vintage Butterfly Print

Hi Ya,
hope you are having a beautiful day.

I wanted to stop in this afternoon to show you how I made my Vintage Butterfly art for my Spring Mantel


1.  I printed off a copy of it from This Blessed Nest, thanks Kellie.


2. I cut it into 4 equal parts


I loved the way this looked but knew for it to work in the frame I had it would have to be bigger.

3. I enlarged each of the four pieces to a full 8 1/2 x 11 page of card stock 


4. I trimmed all the edges


5. I spray painted a picture and frame that I had in storage.
Yes this is a picture my daughter painted, she painted it for her room a few years ago but then she wanted something different and was going to toss it.  I saved it knowing it would be used for something in the future, so please don't think I am a mean mommy.


6. Then I did what all professional framers do......
I grabbed some packets of Truvia and measured off where I wanted each of the prints to go.


7.  Then I used double sided tape to attach each of the prints

I love how it turned out and think it is the perfect Spring picture for my mantel.





Sit Relax and Read

I am linking this project at these great places
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Weekend Wrap-up at Tatertots and Jello 
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Strut Your Stuff at Somewhat Simple
ShowOff our Stuff at Fireflies and Jellybeans
Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville
Be Different ... Act Normal Show and Tell Saturday


9 comments:

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This is gorgeous. Love how you did this!

The Pennington Point said...

I love how you divided it into four...pure creative genius. The Truvia packages....hilarious. Great job. Lisa~

Katherines Corner said...

Lovely!Happy Friday,Happy Good Friday, Happy Earth Day, Happy Jelly Bean Day ( yes it's actually jelly bean day)Hugs from Katherine. P.S have you entered my giveaway?

Janna Renee said...

So Spring-y and fun!! love it!

Kat said...

Girl, you are too talented! Love it. Happy Easter, my sweet friend!

Tiffini said...

very pretty. I love yellow too! I said to myself, " is that Truvia"? I laughed. I use Truvia too:) Happy Monday
xo

Tracy said...

This is great! I'm always looking for inexpensive ideas for wall art. I'll have to try this!

Charity said...

Thanks

Mrs C said...

This is such an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing. =)

http://tosots.blogspot.com/