Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Mantel, Butterfly Print

Good Monday Morning!

I hope you had a great weekend.

We had a wonderful weekend , one filled with....
rest.........Going to see Children of Eden (a musical)........
eating slushies (our first of the season)........
worshipping with our new church family........
and shopping for a new sofa.

We think we have found the one for us, it is not what we/I thought we would do but I think it is the right one for where our family is at right now.
This means I have to get busy today taking pictures of the room the way it is now.
Because we all love a good before and after, right.

But before I get busy making over our family room, I wanted to fit in a Spring Mantel makeover,
Spring is my favorite time of year to decorate. You can read about and see  Last year's Spring Mantel
This year I wanted something light and airy with a nature theme.



I love the way it turned out.


These three milk bottles are recent gift from a friend, she knows me well, and the sweet eggs inside are from my sister and the butter churn--the butter churn has been used in my family for years, oh my I will end up turning this into a Sentimental Sunday post if I am not careful.



The jar on the left is a gift from a dear client, sorry I can't help it--I am a sentimental fool.


And this botanical print it is a gift from my dear friend Kellie, the even better news is she has gifted it to everyone, just click here and go get your own copy.
Thank you Kellie.



I will be back later this week to show you how I made my botanical art,
and tomorrow I have an awesome recipe for Mexican Meatloaf to share.


Until tomorrow,

Sit Relax and Read


4 comments:

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Lovely! The butter churn is awesome ~ love pieces of history. Hope you're ready to enjoy a beautiful spring day!
Heidi @ Show Some Decor

Angie Holden said...

OH MY! Those pots are beyond gorgeousness!! You know who to contact if you ever want to get rid of em right?? :)

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

I love the eggs in the jars. So spring like!

nest of posies said...

omgoodness gracious!

the entire mantel is wonderful!

the print...omg...how did you upsize it??? YOU are the creative one! it looks so good.

you know i love those urns/jugs & those old milk bottles are just perfect. it's all marvelous!

just like you!
happy easter. HE IS RISEN!!!

love you.
kellie