Monday, July 11, 2011

#ILOVETHRIFTING

Good Monday Morning!
I hope you all had a great weekend.
I did, and I am ready to share  with you what I did on Saturday (we will get to more about last week and Sunday later this week-I have lots to tell ya).

On Saturday my assistants (my girls) and I meet up with Rhoda and about 25 other thrifty ladies to do a little shopping.  We had a blast and I found some major scores.  Are you ready to check them out?



6 wooden shelf brackets that match the ones on our school desk for $12.  I need 8 but I will take these 6 for a 1/3 of the price of new ones.


Three cute white ware pieces that I will be listing in my shop, Cha Cha's Treasure, later this week.


This beautiful soup tureen is going to help me get one step closer to marking off #16 on my Ten Task in Ten Days list


Okay brass haters don't be hating my urn, I love it,


and who doesn't love a stack of good books.
But I have saved the best find for last,
can you say
Laura Ingalls Wilder.


We are huge Little House fans, and she is going to wear this awesome dress for Halloween this year.

Thanks Rhoda for hosting this fun day and thanks to Mr. Goodwill Hunting for coming up with such a great idea.


Sit Relax and Read

I am linking at Today's Thrifty Treasure

9 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

HI, Cha Cha! So glad you and your girls came to the party. It was so much fun & I had a blast hanging out with all of you. Love your finds, so glad you got those brackets. And the dress is so cute too, perfect for a costume!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Fun! I was sorry to miss out but was sunning and funning on Florida beaches with the Blue Angels show this weekend. Cool finds, Cha Cha!

Angie Holden said...

I didn't know you went! Fab finds! Sounds like an awesome time!!

The Pennington Point said...

How fun! I love everything, but that brass urn. Girl...let me get my spray paint to that. Spray paint makes everything better. LOL! Lisa~

This Is Stupid said...

Are you sure that's not just her "homeschool" attire?! Ha. You need to visit me and teach me some thrifting. Apparently I don't do it right!!

Tiffini said...

what a fun time. I love Little House. I would love to sometime sit down and watch it from the beginning. I always cried when i watched it.
You were fruitful on your treasure hunt!
xo

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Hi ChaCha (and I know your real name, but I won't tell anyone else) ;)
I love all your finds (and the brass urn--I ain't hatin').
We are huge Little House fans, too!
I am stinkin' excited to be meeting you soon!
Lisa says so many nice things about you! :)
Can you bring the tureen to me?
:D
HUGS and blessings!
~me

Sarah Pinault said...

Lovely dress. Laura Ingalls-Wilder is my former boss's great great (maybe another few greats) grandmother. I always loved that.

Marigene said...

You scored some great finds...love the tureen.