Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Teenage Girls Dream Room

Good Morning Lovelies!
Today I get to show you the second bedroom that we worked on at Gina's.  This bedroom was for her oldest daughter Lala (nickname).  Just like  when I showed you Bre's room
there was a whole gaggle of us working......
Gina from The Shabby Creek Cottage, duh since it was her house-ha
Polly from Make Mine Beautiful
and
Deneen from Dreaming in Color stopped in one day to help.

Are you ready?

TAH DAH!


Isn't it the perfect chic teenage room.
Those awesome yellow shelves were built by Mr. SCC and painted by Leslie.  I love them.



Lala is an artist and wanted a room that reflected her funky, hip, artistic self.



And I think this room definatly does that.



Polly and Lisa made all these pillows, aren't they beautiful.









Mr. SCC and my Hubby built this cabinet, can I just say how nice it is to have men with such talent around.



I found some scraps of fabric from the pillows and made a flower pin to dress up her message board



Gina and I spent the "better" part of the day painting, it was a great time to bond and be silly.
Then Angie and fnished up the doors together and had a chance to get to know one another.
Friendship was truely the best part of trip.



Polly discovered this gem in the shop and drug it out with a plan.
My hubby got busy sanding and painting it, then Polly and I hung it on the wall.
At first the plan was to put pictures on it, but as it went on the wall....
I suddenly had another idea for it



JEWERLY
Because doesn't every girl need a place to keep her sparkley pieces on.




Hubby sanding



Here I am back behind a sewing machine.  I got to make the drapes for Lala's room also.  These drapes were just as fun to make as the ruffle drapes were.





We started by making panels.
But what do you do when you can NOT find fabric you love.
Well
you get busy making it of course.

We hand painted random dots onto the fabric for a grown up funky polk-a-dot effect. 


Yes, painting.......




then they would have to hang and dry.


These are what we used to paint the dots.

I hope you enjoyed this room as much as the last one.


Sit Relax and Read
linking at

6 comments:

Stacy of KSW said...

Cha Cha, you truly are incredible! Some day you will have to teach me how you got your husband to come willingly on this trip with you. This would be an awesome vacation for me, him not so much ... everything you ladies touch turns fabulous and I really enjoyed seeing these behind the scenes photos. I have finals till Sunday and then you are on the top of my list! Promise -- sorry I forgot to tell you I was going on a mini vacation myself. Half work/half vacation/have nurse maid/have college student ... still it was a blast :)

Unknown said...

I love Hannah's room, but Lala's room was my personal favorite. Maybe it's cuz I'm a red loving kinda gal, or maybe it's cuz it's just has so much of her personal stamp on it. I love the simplicity of it, and the way small doses of color really perk it up. The fabric combinations couldn't have been better. I truly absolutely love this room. I wish everyone could see it in person because it is so much more dramatic.

I'll be getting my post up late tonight.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

You guys are awesome! You really did an amazing job! The curtains were fun to paint too!

Adelina Priddis said...

so much fun! It makes me want to get together with friends to do some of our own decorating!

Anonymous said...

This room turned out so nice! I love the pocket pillow and the jewelry holder! Great job painting the fabric too! It is so fun that you can make the look you would like!

The Pennington Point said...

The rooms are great, but the friendships are BETTER! What I love about each room is how the represent the personality of each girl. You were so great to work with. Lisa~