Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monopoly Birthday Party, sneak peek

Hi!
I thought I would stop by and show everyone what I am working on this week.
You see my oldest just turned 12 and we are having her party this coming weekend so we are busy, busy, busy.  Being a preteen now, she waned a "cool" party and came up with the idea of a Monopoly Birthday Party. 
Here is a peek at our "cool" Monopoly Birthday Party






Can you see the game pieces, houses and hotels hanging from the chandelier.

I love how they look like they are floating in the air.



The shoe, I love the shoe.....well all shoes.



I covered a lamp shade with money



and made subway art out of all the property names (did you notice it was glittery)




Here is our collection of goodies to give out as people land on each spot.


Sweet little rings for each time someone gets money from CHANCE or COMMUNITY CHEST.


Plastic horse for KENTUCKY AVENUE



Water ballons for WATER WORKS.


Glow sticks for the ELECTRIC COMPANY.


Brush for winning a beauty contest.



Train earsers for each of the RAILROADS.



We still have a few more tricks up our sleeves and I will share more pictures after the party.



Sit Relax and Read


http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/

Visit thecsiproject.com

18 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is fabulous! I wish I could come. Lisa~

JULIE said...

Oh, how cute!! You are such an awesome mom. And I'm totally going to steal your idea when my kids are older!!! haha :) Just love this, and I wish your sweet daughter a happy birthday!

Jenn said...

i am SOOOOO stealing, (er borrowing) this idea!!! this is awesome!

Simone said...

Wow that is a great idea! You are so creative :)I never would have thought of presents when you land on properties. Thank you so much for hosting the 10 Tasks in 10 Days party, I can't wait for your next one!!

laxsupermom said...

What a cute theme for a party! Love this! Thanks for sharing.

nest of posies said...

sooooo many details in this i love.

that lampshade...!!! cha cha, you are so darn clever. seriously, not many incorporate home decor with party decor. you smarty pants. i love all the icon figures hanging from the chandelier as well.

i can't wait to hear about it all when it's done!!! have fun planning everything.

lots of love!
kellie

Kat said...

Cha Cha, this is so adorable, creative and fun! I love it!

Opie Dawn said...

Great idea and so very creative! Love everything, especially the giveaway goodies and the tiny hanging game pieces!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

So clever!!! I love it all!!!
ladeedacreations.com

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

what a fabulous party! I love monopoly and can NOT get over the money lampshade. SO flippin' creative! Now I want to have a party like this just to play the game...

I'm visiting from TT&J wrap-up party.

LaVonne said...

What a fun party idea. I will have to pin this to my Party Ideas board on Pinterest.

Thanks for sharing!

Enjoy your weekend!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

What a fun theme! :) My brother in law is turning 25 this year and he loves Monopoly... I'm going to suggest a "monopoly theme" party to my sister! Thanks for sharing! :) Michelle

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

I LOVE this idea! I hope your Princess has a Happy Birthday!

phasejumper said...

Very creative! The lamp is my favorite!

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

THIS IS AWESOME! I'm gonna share it on my Facebook!!
LOVE!

Juf said...

REALLY neat! I'm pinning this (just came over from Tatertots and Jello).
Jacqueline

Juli A said...

Love this! I shared your ideas on my games night post http://blog.inspirationbug.com/2012/01/06/party-games-night-throwdown/ Thanks for the inspiration!

Wenni Donna said...

This is indeed a great birthday party idea to plan out and I am also looking for someone who can help me plan a party like that. I am thinking to hire best LA venue for my upcoming party and it will be a casual party with friends and family.