Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Rearranging Furniture

Good morning, today I would like to tell you WHY it was so important to rearrange the dinning room. 
When I opened my Etsy shop, Cha Cha's Treasure I had no idea how much it would take over our lives.  I love it and would do it again in a heart beat but I need a place to work efficiently.  Thus the dinning room makeover.  I have been using the table to cut and pin fabrics and have already been stashing extra fabric in the buffet, but it was not enough.  So I have moved the cubbie cabinet upstairs to hold more fabric and also things like envelops, tape, business cards and packing slips.  You know all the things you never think of when you start a business or is only me who did not think of those things?




This new layout is working well for me, I enjoy having a "home" for everything.  I still have plenty of work to do, but I am confident with a few more solutions in this room it will all work like a well oiled machine.



The cubbie cabinet is the little rectangle there on the left that got cut off.  It is not pretty but it is a hard working piece of furniture and I promise I will be working on making it pretty.  Do you have a room in your house that you are using in a non traditional way?  We have also turned our formal living room into a school room, you can read about it here

Sit Relax and Read

6 comments:

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Gotta think outside the box sometimes! Years ago I made our formal "living room" into our dining room and the old dining room into our home office. It's just off the kitchen and family room so I could work and still keep an eye/ear out for the kids. We love it!

The Pennington Point said...

Every room in our house is being used in some way that it was not intended for. Making it pretty is the fun part, right? I know you will do an amazing job. Lisa~

Renegades said...

My kitchen table doubles as a sewing table.

Miss Jan said...

All my rooms double as a kennel for a very large loving dog!!!

outdoor furniture perth said...

I love rearranging my room every time.

furniture stores in los angeles said...

Its good to hear that the new room layout works for you.