Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Piano Makeover

I thought I would show you how I updated my piano.  This piano has been in or family since I was a kid, at my grandparent's house.  It was painted a red-orange color then, with a dark red fabric behind the cut outs.  When it came to my house 6 years ago I painted it black and replace the red fabric with a tan.  I love it black but since I am making over my family room I felt like it needed a little sprucing up so I decided to change out the fabric. 


Here is the before
You can read about the pictures over the piano here



I unlatched the front piece



 and popped it off and removed the fabric



Here is what the inside of the piano looks like




I picked an off white duck cloth, and I love the "fresh" look it gave it.



I am so glad I changed it.

Sit Relax and Read

7 comments:

Angie Holden said...

Cha Cha -- that piano is GORGEOUS!! The white fabric does make it pop!!

Angie

The Pennington Point said...

It's so nice to freshen things UP! Lisa~

Renegades said...

It looks so nice changed. Gives the piano a pop. Good job getting something on your list checked off!

Connie @ Salvage Savvy said...

So pretty! What a treasure to have your grandparents' beautiful piano in your home :)
Thanks for sharing!
Connie

cynthia said...

WOW! and what a beautiful piano!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Love this simple update! It really highlights the beautiful millwork on the piano, too. What a treasure! xo,
Heidi @ Show Some Decor

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Really highlights that scrollwork, too! Looks great!