Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Adding Shelves to the China Cabinet


For the month of September I want to concentrate on one wall in my dinning room.  This is the wall with the china cabinet on it.  My goal for making this wall a priority is to have my dinning room finished in time for our Thanksgiving feast.  If you remember I started working on this room in the Summer during my Ten Task in Ten Days link party.  I am ready to get it finished.  This wall needs shelves to be hung and painted, wall paint to be touched up, empty frame to be worked on, shelves to be decorated, and a fall wreath to be made.  Oh and the best part shopping....I will need to shop  for some new pretties to add, things like.....
plate racks, platters, and extra dishes.



Here is what the wall looked like to begin with.



We hung shelves using the wooden shelf brackets I bought while Thrifting.
Then this weekend I got busy painting, I love the way they turned out and can't wait to get busy styling them.


I hope to touch up the the wall paint tomorrow and then on to the fun part. 




Sit Relax and Read

I am linking at






”Creative

9 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog these past few months and I'm very impressed with all of your projects. We are doing 5 Days of Giveaways on our blog this week if you want to stop by!

The Pennington Point said...

Oooh cute! That is going to be great...more places to put all of your pretty things! Lisa~

Between You and Me said...

your shelves and that cabinet...I SWOON.

great job!!!!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Well, look at how fantastic is that! I've never thought of putting shelves next to my hutch. Now, you got me thinking...Anyhoo, found you via My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. Tootles, Kathryn
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/little-goodwill-finds.html

Deborah March said...

Oooohhh...YUMMY new STORAGE!! (ha ha) We never have enough, do we? ;)

Oooohhh, I SO agree! They are simply PERFECT!! Safe travels...

Deborah (very happily visiting from
http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com... hope you can drop by when you get a chance...)

Unknown said...

Wow, the shelves make a huge difference. Very cute!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Can't wait to see how you style them!

freestanding closet said...

Love that cabinet, it is so cute:)

James Hemer said...

I really like the walling hanging shelves and cabinet. This looks cool and lovely in bedroom.