Sunday, September 4, 2011

Senitmental Sunday #36, Ceramic Clock

Welcome to Sentimental Sunday, my favorite day of the week. The day we all gather together and share what we are sentimental about. It can be anything from an item in your home passed down by a special someone or just a few sweet words about something that has touched your heart this week, the goal is to take a moment and reflect.

This Sunday I am sentimental about this ceramic clock my grandmother made for me.  It sat on my dresser in my bedroom when I was a girl and I remember looking at it with pride.   I continued to use it in my apartment as a  single woman. The colors and pattern have always been so beautiful and timeless to me.  Once I had my girls it went to their bedroom (they shared a room until recently).  It now lives in Faith's room and I think it is a beautiful reminder of my grandmother and my childhood.

Another part to this story is that my grandmother and my mother both took ceramic classes and made beautiful pieces of art.  Thanks to some dear friends I now have a kiln and ceramic molds.  I can't wait to learn ceramics with my mom and girls.  The idea that something started so long ago in our family is now being passed down to the future generations in the pieces already made and now in the art of making them makes me so happy.  Life happens in such cool ways sometimes and I am in awe of how God works. 

PS. We haven't made anything yet. We are waiting on the weather to get cooler before we crank up the million degree kiln.  I will be back to show you what we make as soon as we do.  Until then I am watching You Tube videos learning all I can.  What did we do before You Tube?


So what are you sentimental about this week?
Grab the button below and link up.
Sit Relax and Read







Sit Relax and Read

2 comments:

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Cha Cha I have one just like it! I got it as a wedding gift many years ago!

Serendipity Stitcher said...

That's a beautiful clock. I have a Crystal clock that was my grandfathers and another clock that was my grandmothers and a clock that my father made me. I love the hand me downs.