Thursday, September 15, 2011

Horse Bookends

I am so excited to show you our new bookends.  I have know for some time that I wanted something fun to add to our school desk.  I had just never found the perfect thing until I was out junkin' with the family a few weeks ago.  It was the perfect junkin' day....cool sunny morning.....top down on the blazer....more awesome stuff than you could afford ...or had room for.  To be honest we bought so much that we had to go home and empty out the blazer and then go back and pick up the rest.  I knew as soon as I saw the horse bookends sitting on the shelf in a dark dusty basement that they would be mine. 





I scooped them up and rushed to pay for them before anyone else could get their hands on them. As soon as we got home the second time I got busy scrubbing them. Up next I got out my trusty spray paint, a few coats later they were a beautiful glossy white.




They were beautiful but very boring on our white school desk and let's face it this is a school room and needs to be fun.  So I scrapped the vision of them being white and started over.  I went BOLD this time and was a little nervous until I saw the finished product, it was then I knew I was in love.



So what do you think, are they more fun orange???



Sit Relax and Read

I am linking at

4 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous! What a find. I ♥ them and ♥ the color Ÿ

Adelina Priddis said...

Oh I love them! I've always wanted some fancy bookends but haven't found a good deal on them yet. The white made me think Chess. The orange is definitely fun!

The Pennington Point said...

Your instincts were perfect! They look amazing in orange! Lisa~

Jo @ Let's Face the Music said...

Is this the proverbial horse of a different color? I saw him once in The Land of Oz. Or are they the Houyhnhnms of Gulliver? Gotta love a pair of book toting steeds. Jo @ Let's Face the Music