Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sentimental Sunday #38, Living Out Your Dream

Welcome to Sentimental Sunday, my favorite day of the week. The day we all gather together and share what we are sentimental about. It can be anything from an item in your home passed down by a special someone or just a few sweet words about something that has touched your heart this week, the goal is to take a moment and reflect.



This week I am sentimental about living out your dreams.
Have you ever been afraid of your dream?  You know the one I am talking about....the one that seems bigger than life.  The dream that most people listen to and then explain how you need a back up plan.  The God sized dream!  This week I got to watch two beautiful people live out their dream, I worked behind the scenes helping on the HGTV pilot for The Lettered Cottage.
 -Squeal-

I know, if you have been living under a rock and do not know who they are do yourself a favor and go get lost on their blog, right after you finish here of course.

I am so thankful that they were brave enough to go for their dream. Because of their bravery, I got to live out a dream of mine. For years, I have sat in front of the TV and said I can do that while watching HGTV and this week I got to DO THAT. I have never had any desire to be in front of the camera but I love working on projects and have always thought it would be cool to be a part of a show. This week, while living out that dream, I could not help but ponder thoughts about each of us having the courage to live out our dreams and who that would in turn allow to live out theirs. The grandness of it all is mind blowing. I love when you can step back and see Gods hand at work and how he had a plan for this moment years before (who am I kidding forever before) now. Layla even found comfort in this blazer (her Grandfather had one like it, but that is her story to tell) that has been my husbands dream and project for years.


 
Because of him following his passion and dream he got to be apart of their special day on several levels also. So go follow your dream.

The one BIGGER than you have the courage for, the one that requires faith that can move mountains.
God will meet you there and you will not be sorry.
 
Who knows you might even get to be as silly as the four of us goofing around.








So what are you sentimental about this week?
Grab the button below and link up.

 
Sit Relax and Read

                                                          


Sit Relax and Read

PS. after what has been a crazy busy week I am taking a one week break from all things electronic, we will catch up next week. Okay?



12 comments:

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

This post totally just made my weekend! :) Thank you for sharing,girl! :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi Cha Cha! So enjoyed getting to know you better this week. It was a wonderful God-sized dream week. I am experiencing my own God-sized dreams too & He makes so many things possible, more than we can even imagine. xoxo

Unknown said...

This IS such an exciting time, watching blogger's talents and gifts be rewarded! How wonderful you all had the chance to participate! Thanks for encouraging us to believe in the "Could I???" inside ourselves.

Angie Holden said...

Looks like you had so much fun Cha Cha!! So happy for you! :)

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

Love this post girlfriend! Thanks for sharing it. Hope you have a restful week "off." ~Sally

The Pennington Point said...

I love the pictures of y'all in the truck! So funny. I can't wait to hear more about it! Lisa~

The Mustard Seed said...

So excited for you! What an awesome experience!!

Sorry I have not been by in a while.. life is a little busy right now.. but wonderful.

Hope you have a super awesome week!

Angel

Lettered Cottage said...

SOOOOOO glad you were there!!! :-D
We can't begin to thank you enough for letting us borrow your AWESOME truck, and what would I have done without you when hanging those curtain rods and photo frames!!!!???? :-D

XOXO
Layla

This Is Stupid said...

AND your hair looked great!!!! =)I had not heard of The Lettered Cottage. I'll be sure to check them out. Right after I go clean up the Lucky Charms crushed into the floor. Hey! I've got my priorities!!

Jessica F in Wisconsin said...

I just saw your truck over on the Lettered Cottage and had so stop by to say hello--my husband is the proud owner of a '73 Chevy Blazer in what could best be described as "avocado green." His grandfather bought it new off the line and then passed it on while my husband was in high school.

We've had a few tough times and thought of selling it, but so far we haven't had to. Such a unique vehicle, aren't they? We've been to numerous antique car shows and have only seen two others so far. Hang on to yours! :D

Jessica @ FourGenerationsOneRoof said...

Hi, I can't believe what a small little world this blogland is! I followed you last week on twitter from Nestofposies followfriday...I am a new blogger and follower of letteredcottage & read her post about you and the truck! Then I saw your tweet tonight about the truck! OMG I couldn't believe it ...the light went off & I realized it was you :) Happy to have found you ~ just joined ur friend connect!

Unknown said...

That's awesome for you Cha Cha! you certainly are one talented gal, and I'm happy for you that someone else recognized that in a big way.

On a side note, you must be a good doctor too ----- the toenail grew back !! :D :)

Polly