Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Heartfelt Homeschool Memo Board



Hi ladies!  Hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  I wanted to pop in quick and show you a project I finished last week.  I made cute memo board with our homeschool logo on it.  We are
The Heartfelt Homeschool


Trust me it did not come looking this cute.  It came from Goodwill for a couple of dollars.
It was dark and missing a hook.


I got busy and painted it cream and found a pattern I liked and printed it off.


Now stick with me because this next step is all high tech.....
I rubbed my pencil over the entire back of the printed paper.


Turned it over and traced the pattern onto my memo board.


I painted the pattern green and in the same way as above I trace Heartfelt onto the board and painted it orange.  At this point I was sick to death of this method and drug out some stickers and placed them on for "the" and "homeschool"


I traced around the stickers




and painted them black. 


Now our school has a sign, it makes us happy.  Plus it is a great place to keep up with some of my sewing notions.




Sit Relax and Read


I am linking at

”Creative

3 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

That is really cute! I would never have even noticed it with the original artwork and colors. You have great vision! Lisa~

Coley said...

This is soo cute! What a great redo!

Unknown said...

Wow! Cute transformation. I would never have thought of doing that!