Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sentimental Sunday #37, Grandparent's Glasses


Welcome to Sentimental Sunday, my favorite day of the week. The day we all gather together and share what we are sentimental about. It can be anything from an item in your home passed down by a special someone or just a few sweet words about something that has touched your heart this week, the goal is to take a moment and reflect.


This Sunday I want to give you a sneak peek at my dining room shelves and show you one of the sentimental items on them.  These two glasses were my grandparents, there last name was Harris and if you look close you can see the pretty H etched onto them.  Both of my grandparents (my mom's parents) past away almost 12 years ago within a month of one another.  My mom is an only child and it was a very hard year for us, but God is good and in His beautiful wisdom He had planned for me to be pregnant and have our first girlie months before they pasted away.  Having a baby around helps heal lots of pain as I am sure many of you can attest to.  When we were going through their home and deciding what to keep and what to pass on as blessings to others I knew I wanted these glasses.  I only kept these two of the very large set because we knew they would not fit into our everyday life.  But just having the two is a great way to keep a piece of their memory.




So what are you sentimental about this?

Grab the button below and link up.


Sit Relax and Read

                                                                                          

Sit Relax and Read

No comments: